Small Business Saturday lands on November 28, and we want to make sure you’re prepared! We’ve previously posted some fabulous SBS ideas, and we are bringing those back along with some new tips. As you know, more and more consumers want to “shop small” and support their local communities, so here are some ideas on how to help your customers do that — it’s a win-win for everyone.
First, visit Small Business Saturday’s website in order to take advantage of the tremendous resources they provide. Register right away to receive free signage, online ad space, tote bags, balloons and other marketing materials (be sure to do this by 11/16/15 to be eligible for ad space). Here are more ideas to generate buzz:
- Offer one-day discounts on a category you normally don’t put on sale, or on all merchandise.
- Create coupons for future offers and discounts and include with each purchase.
- Offer free “professional” gift wrapping to make holiday shopping a little easier.
- Give away prizes or host a contest. Put together a beautiful gift basket of bestselling Nectarine products, and have customers fill out their contact information and email addresses to enter to win. It’s a great way to add to your customer email list!
- Give away a free gift with purchase. Look for something that’s enticing, but doesn’t have a high cost. Offer a petite roll-on perfume bottle filled with their favorite perfume, for example.
Talk to other small business owners in your area to see how you can come together to create excitement around Small Business Saturday and shopping local in general. For example, you could create a “Shop Local” sign that you would all place in yours windows to make customers feel good about helping out the community. You could also coordinate on social media to spread the word!
Of course, use social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) to let locals know of the specials you will be offering and get everyone excited! On the day of, place a board outside your business, put out your SBS balloons, offer cupcakes and tea … anything you can do to draw customers’ attention and get them to come in and buy!
P.S. We will be posting to our blog every other week, so be sure to keep an eye out! We will talk about all sorts of trending topics and tips.